This page includes links to nearly all aspects of gardening and I have to thank John who compiled a great number of those shown and has given permission to use them. I think this shows the true spirit of gardeners. I have not yet visited all the links below but am sure you will find many of interest.
At the start of this list I am including my personal favourites which originally appeared on my home page.
If you come across any other links that could be added please email me.
Also, please let me know if there is any change to your address as it is very difficult to keep up to date.
Some links to my favourite sites.
A Homeowner's Guide to Entomology and House Insects .Here we have a most informative site with knowledge of interest to all age groups.
Internet Garden: This is a good UK gardening site with many links. You can also get access to a magazine called Greenfingers.
Perry's perennial page: All you want to know about perennials and many other plants.
The Alpine Garden You must visit Alan Grainger's site..go and you will see what I mean.
Bloom: Yet another excellent site,with seed swap, tips and information galore.
The Swedish Fuchsia society;I was so pleased to find this site. You want to know anything about fuchsias ..this is the place.
The armchair gardener;Deb has won several awards and it is easy to see why.
Virtual Garden: All kinds of good information at this site including a great page on Zones and a temperature converter.
Traditional Gardens visit and enjoy Richard's wonderful landscaping.
Internet Directory for Botany;A very comprehensive botanical site.
British Gardening On line.A site devoted to all aspects of British gardening. Watch out for that Ladybird!!
Asle Serigstad's garden site:A comprehensive guide to seed germination and related topics.
The Garden launch pad.Looking for links to garden sites? There are more than 1500 here.
Welcome to my gardenSome lovely pictures as you tour the garden during the different seasons.
Magnar's arctic perennial page. A wonderful selection of perennials in this Norwegian garden.
Tom Clothier's garden walk and talkLearn about collecting, sowing and germinating seeds.
Rochester gardening.This site provides a lot of information general and local.
Over the garden gate.A very welcome new site , do pay a vist and drop in for a drink at the Pub.
Garden HumourVisit here and enjoy the humorous side of gardening.
Moosey's Country GardenA wonderful New Zealand garden , and a beautifully designed site.
The Butterfly website.A lovely site with lots of information and pictures of our Butterfly friends.
Butterflies of Ireland: a new site with very good pictures.
The Sensory Garden Project A garden designed specifically to be “Positive About Disabled People”. To stimulate the senses and provide a haven of peace, a place to chill-out and unwind from the stress of modern living.
Bonsai Empire All you need to know about Bonsai.
Michael Cambells Irish garden.Oh those Alpines!
The Dillon gardenAll I can say is that this is a wonderful garden.
Fairfield lodgeGo to John's page and see what delights are in store for the visitor.
National Botanic GardensInformation relating to our beautiful Botanic gardens.
Gardening-Ireland There is a lot of features to interest the gardener. The calendar of horticultural events is most helpful.
Terra Nova plants and garden. A lovely garden and one of the few nurseries in Ireland from which one can purchase mail order plants and seeds.
Garden.ie A big welcome to a new Irish gardening site.
Dermot O'Neill On-Line Another new Irish site and well worth a visit.
The Tele-Garden (robot planting - but now on tour) The Gardens of Lancaster County (Pennsylvania) Mary's Gardens (Philadelphia, Pennsylvania) Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew (UK) Kootenay National Park (Canada) Waterton Lakes National Park (Canada) Jasper National Park (Canada) Banff National Park (Canada) Butchart Gardens (Canada) Devonian Botanic Garden (Canada) Monet's Garden
I suppose now he is on the lookout for some Catmint..
Wildflower Watch (Australia) Gardens of the Golden Horseshoe Missouri Botanic Garden
University of Delaware Kanapaha Botanical Gardens - FL University of Washington's Medicinal Herb Garden Georgeson Botanical Garden Australian National Botanic Gardens University of Conneticut The flora of Europe Hypergarden, an installation of virtual garden spaces to relax in. Medieval Herbals at the Vatican A (downloadable) Picture Gallery of Plants and Fruit (from Texas A&M) < Stekkenplek Zwingelspaan - A Cottage Garden in West-Brabant, Netherlands (in Dutch)
Boerner Botanical Garden (Milwaukee)
Hørsholm Arboretum (Denmark)
North Carolina Botanical Garden Earth Celebrations - New York City community gardens GardenGuide Sherry's greenhouse.
- Gardening' List WWW
- Mailing Lists for Gardeners
- Little Sprouts: Gardening Ideas for Kids
- Horticultural Net
- Bluebird Gardens
- Complete Guide to Garden Stuff
- Newsgroups for Gardeners
- Garden South
- Atlanta Garden Connection
- The Gardening Launch Pad
- Sue's Garden Links
- Perry's Perennial Pages
- Topline Whsle Dist Co - Worms, vermicomposting, worm equipment, worm supplies, worm books and lots of worm informantion.
- agardenplace.homestead.com -Garden tips, landscape ideas,plant propagation,greenhouse construction,resources,and links .
- USDA hardiness zone map (from Time Life Complete Gardener)
- SunSite - Quite a few things (FAQs, archives, etc.)
- The Trellis
- Agriculture Online
- University of Reading, School of Plant Sciences (UK)
- North American Plant Preservation Council
- North Carolina State University Horticultural Information
- Texas A&M Horticultural Program
- University of Toronto's Centre for Landscape Research
- Groene Vingers (Belgium)
- City Farmer's Urban Agriculture Notes (Canada)
- The Weekend Gardener
- Horticulture Guy
- Garden Escape
- I Can Garden (Canada)
- New Jersey Garden Network
- Global Garden Magazine (Australia)
- Traditional Gardening - a Journal of Practical Information on Creating and Restoring Classical Gardens
- Grower's Almanac (N. Michigan)
- Florida Plants Online
- Garden California
- Garden Centre (Regina, Canada)
- Glossary of Botanical Terms
- Phytochemical and Ethnobotany Databases
- Peleobotany (Internet Biodiversity Service)
- University of Georgia Botany Department
- Arkansas Extension
- Colorado State Cooperative Extension
- University of Delaware Cooperative Extension
- Florida Extension Service
- University of Georgia Cooperative Extension Service
- Illinois Cooperative Extension Service Horticulture Solutions
- Indiana Office of Agricultural Research Programs
- Purdue (Indiana) University Cooperative Extension Service
- Kansas State University Extension Systems and Agricultural Research Programs
- Minnesota Extension Service
- Nebraska Cooperative Extension Publications
- Rutgers (New Jersey) Cooperative Extension
- North Carolina Cooperative Extension Service
- North Dakota State University Extension Service
- Oklahoma Cooperative Extension Service
- Penn State Cooperative Extension
- University of Wisconsin Cooperative Extension
Personal gardening home pages
- Joan's Garden Page
- Debra Teachout-Teashon
- Mike Maxson
- Cheryl Netter
- De Blauwe Aarde (Dutch)
- Chez Marco - a very botanical science oriented site
- Terry Yockey's Northern Gardening Home Page
- Peter Henry and Laura Jantek's Gardening Columns
- Donald's Garden
- Dragon's Hearth
- Herbal Thymes
- Garden Tree
- A & C's Gardening at Home
Sites devoted to particular plants
- The international Camellia society
- The Cook's Garden
- The Gourmet Gardener
- African Violets
- Praire Flowers, Hostas and Daylilies.
- Bonsai Web
- Carnivorous Plant Database
- Chili Heads Home Page
- American Daffodil Society
- Daylilies (Hemerocallis) - Binion Amerson's daylily page
- Friends of the Daylilies
- Medicinal Herb Garden
- International Palm Society
- Mike Maxson's Palms of the World
- The Rhododendron Pages
- The Rhubarb Compendium
- North American Rock Garden Society
- The American Rose Society
- Mack Stephen's rose garden
- Oyama Rose Society
- The Rose Gallery
- The Rose Page
- Santa Clara County Rose Society
- The Succulent Page
- International Waterlily Society
- Plants of the Norwegian Forests and Mountains
- Flora of the San Quirico (Italy)
National Passion flower collection
- The addictive geranium:
All you ever want to know about the good, the bad and the ugly weeds and creatures.
- Iowa State University Entomology
- Colorado State University Entomology
- University of Delaware College of Agriculture Insect Database <
- Designing Gardens for Butterflies
- Entomology Index of Internet Resources
- Gordons Entomological Home Page
- How to care for Pet Cockroaches this was one of the favourite sites of the original compiler of these links- be sure to visit the Hissing Madagascar Cockroach Page
- Pests and Controls
- Plant Disease Handbook